Colwyn Bay 0-0 Bradford (Park Avenue)

The Avenue came away with a credible point after drawing 0-0 to North Wales side Colwyn Bay on Saturday.

Manager, John Deacey made four changes to the team with debutant Dan Clayton in the starting line-up and Nathan Turner and Captain Nathan Hotte were welcomed back into the team following their recovery from injury.

The Yorkshire outfit had a slow start to the game, as the Seagulls opened up with the first chance on goal. Anthony Stevens’ powerful left footed shot was tipped over the bar by Avenue keeper John Danby to keep the score level.

Colwyn’s Obi Anoruo then made a driving run from his own half, taking the ball past Turner and Price before seeing his shot cross the face of the net, coming agonizingly close to their 200th goal.

Just before the half time whistle the Avenue found their feet, as recently signed Jordan Deacey’s perfect corner was met at the edge of the six yard box by Paul Walker. But the Avenue forward couldn’t quite keep the ball down, sending his header over the bar.

The Avenue came back fighting after the break. Chib Chilaka placed a pin point pass to debutant Dan Clayton who was unlucky not to find the back of the net.

With the score still standing at 0-0, both teams were desperate to claim that dividing goal. Jack Rea floated a last minute ball into the box from a free kick, and was unlucky not to score a goal as the resultant header clipped the post and rebounded comfortably for the Seagulls keeper.

After a rather dour game, I’m sure both managers will be satisfied to come away with a point and a clean sheet.

Bradford (Park Avenue) now sit in 18th place ahead of their home clash against Solihull Moors next weekend.

Colwyn Bay: Ollerenshaw, Baynes (Bembo-Leta 53), Buckley, Stevens, Royle, Noone, Mendes (Mukendi 70), Anorou, Hopley, Williams, Haywood

Subs not used: Sharpe, Olapade, Hodgson

Bradford (Park Avenue): Danby, Turner, Price, Rea, Qualter, Heaton, Chilaka, Hotte (Howarth 81), Walker (Colley 63), Deacey (Marshall 72), D. Clayton

Subs not used: Priestley, Colbeck

Referee: Paul Marsden

Attendance: 301

[slideshow_deploy id=’8023′]