Bradford (Park Avenue) 5-1 Farsley

Bradford (Park Avenue) made it three wins on the bounce with a comfortable victory over Farsley in the West Riding County Cup.

Danny Frost bagged an excellent hat-trick, following on from his wonder-goal at Harrogate on Saturday.

Joe Colbeck and captain for the night Richard Marshall bagged the other two in an entertaining tie, which also saw John Danby save a Farsley penalty.

Avenue manager John Deacey chose to use the match to give game time to some of the players who have been left out of late, making 6 changes from the side who took to the field two days earlier.

Billy Priestley, Brad Barraclough and the aforementioned Marshall returned to the side, along with loanees George Smith and Niall Heaton. Sam Patterson came in to make his debut at right full back.

And Avenue took the lead as early as the second minute through Frost.

Turning inside from Patterson’s throw-in, he ran with the ball and unleashed a wonderful left footed strike from 25 yards into the top right hand corner, leaving goalkeeper Jake Lofthouse with no chance.

The second came just five minutes later through in form winger Joe Colbeck. Colbeck picked up from a through ball in the inside right position and drove a shot under Lofthouse to make it 2-0.

Farsley started to compete as the home side slightly took their foot off the gas, but never really threatened, Richard Marshall firing over as he also set his sights from range.

And 20 minutes later, Frost finished off a fine move for Avenue’s third. Frost picked up the ball in his own half, before playing a 1-2 with Marshall and continuing his run. Frost found Colbeck who played the ball into Barraclough. The striker turned and slotted it through the defender’s legs into the path off Frost who finished in composed fashion.

Barraclough had a similar chance shortly later as he was played into the area, but this time Lofthouse came out on top. The forward, starting just his third game in all competitions this season, also flicked a header just wide of the near post.

The visitors did cause some worry to the Avenue goal in the first half, as during a string of corners, Danby fumbled and Adam Priestley prodded towards goal but Jack Rea slid in and blocked well.

As the half looked to have petered out, the Farsley defence gave Richard Marshall too much time and space as he ran forward with the ball and struck it low and hard, through a number of bodies and into the bottom corner from 20 yards.

Changes were in abundance at the interval, Chilaka and Howarth coming on for Avenue to give Colbeck and Rea a rest, and for the visitors, Ross Daly, Robbie O’Brien and Aiden Savory came on to take the quota of ex-Avenue man in the Farsley team up to five.

And it was one of those five who grabbed a quick response for Farsley as Lewis Nightingale, who started the match, jinked his way into the area and finished confidently into the bottom corner leaving Danby with no chance.

However Avenue restored their four goal advantage just three minutes later as Danny Frost claimed his hat-trick with a tap-in. Barraclough turned well and got into the box, and looked to have finished brilliantly to earn the goal that his performance deserved, but his shot rebounded off the upright, straight into the path of a grateful Frost.

That wasn’t it for incident, however, as Savory won a penalty from a Priestley foul. Nightingale stepped up but saw his powerfully struck spot kick saved well by Danby.

Frost was denied a fourth after he had a goal chalked off for a foul by Chilaka- who had squared the ball for a tap-in.

Unfortunately, in the final minute of the match, Fernando Moke seemed to over-stretch for a loose ball and was forced to hobble off the pitch with a muscle injury.

The match ended 5-1 and sees Avenue progress to the semi-final of the West Riding County Cup, where Tadcaster Albion will be our guests at the Horsfall. The other semi-final sees Harrogate Town take on Garforth Town at home.

Bradford (Park Avenue): Danby, Patterson, Smith, Rea (Howarth 46), Priestley, Heaton, Colbeck (Chilaka 46), Moke (Qualter 89), Barraclough, Marshall (c), Frost

Subs not used: None

Goals: Frost (2, 27, 52), Colbeck (7), Marshall (45)

Farsley: Lofthouse, Aspin, Serrant, Hancock, Dempsey (c)(O’Brien 46), Exton, Nightingale, Cromack (Savory 46), Priestley, Pankhurst (Daly 46), Grant

Subs not used: Taylor, Morgan

Goal: Nightingale (49)

Referee: David Richardson

[slideshow_deploy id=’8282′]