Bradford (Park Avenue) 2-2 AFC Fylde

Bradford (Park Avenue) came from behind twice in their FA cup second round qualifier to force a Tuesday night replay against AFC Fylde.

The visitors took an early lead when Brad Barnes tapped in from a rebounded header. The Avenue replied eight minutes before the break when Chib Chilaka acrobatically lobbed Fylde keeper Ben Hinchliffe.

Fylde regained their lead on the 72nd minute when Michael Barnes tapped in, after good work down the left by Danny Rowe.

With time ticking away and the Avenue looking like they would be exiting the FA cup, substitute Richard Marshall headed home from a Joe Colbeck corner.

Bradford started the game brightly, having a dangerous Chib Chilaka shot blocked and then Nathan Hotte’s curling effort rebounded back off the bar.

Despite the Avenue’s early lead, it was the visitors who took the lead. John Danby saved superbly from a Michael Potts header, but Barnes was on hand to tap in the rebound.

After the goal the visitors began to pile the pressure on the Avenue defence. They nearly doubled their lead when Richie Allen stole the ball before striking against the post. Shortly after Barnes nearly got his second of the game, but Danby saved well and tipped over.

The Avenue got back on level terms on the 37th minute through Chib Chilaka. A great ball from Scott Kerr found Joe Colbeck on the right. Colbeck played an early ball in to the feet of Chilaka, whose first strike was saved but he followed up and lobbed the keeper.

In to the second half, it was Fylde who made the better start. Adam Sumner and Richie Allen linked up well before Sumner crossed for Joe Booth, who headed against the bar.

And it was down the left again where the second goal came from. A counter attack from the visitors found its way to Danny Rowe on the left. Rowe floated a ball in to the box for Michael Barnes, who fired home at the back post.

Bradford nearly equalized shortly after, when Marshall played a superb cross for Chilaka but his shot was blocked.

Rowe and Barnes linked up again for Fylde, but Rowe’s shot was saved. Immediately after the Avenue went on the counter, with going past his defender with ease and forcing a great save by the Fylde number one, who tipped over. From the resulting free kick Colbeck curled the ball in and Marshall nodded home from 6 yards.

With minutes left the Avenue went close to sealing the victory. A long ball over to the left found its way to Colbeck, who took on his man before striking agonizingly wide.

Bradford (Park Avenue): Danby, Black (Barraclough 74), Priestley, Price, Qualter, Lever, Colbeck, Hotte (c) (Marshall 67), Chilaka, Kerr, Walker (Frost 79)

Subs not used: Lamb, Rea, Howarth

Chilaka (37), Marshall (88)

AFC Fylde: Hinchliffe, Denson, Sumner, Langley, Hannigan, B Barnes (c), Tomsett (Hughes 65), Potts (Booth 65), Rowe, M Barnes, Allen

Subs not used: Blinkhorn, Dootson, Lloyd, Charles, Charnley

B Barnes (14), M Barnes (72)

Attendance: 254

Referee: Glen Hart